After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, April 30, 2010

day 11

Breakfast: Tea, Luna Bar (300c)
Lunch: chicken finger, pretzels, cranberry juice with benefiber (320c)- really poor lunch, but i was eating it at 3, and dinner's normally around 6 so i didn't want to screw up dinner too
Dinner: pasta, salami, green olives, italian dressing, pepperjack cheese (500c), cherry coke zero
Snack: Ensure Plus (350c)
Extra:

Exercise: done. i'm really liking the exercise routine i have, its pretty quick and i can do more if i want to, or increase weight if i want to

Total Calorie Count: 1470. miserable fail :( although, after a migraine that's lasted 4 days, i'm okay with it. normally, i can't eat with a migraine but i tried to push through when i could.

Awesome Thing of the Day: sunshine (and 70 degree weather!)- oh, how i've missed you!


i don't know if i'm going to make my calorie count today. i went out for coffee with one of my friends at 11, and i wanted to make sure i wouldn't feel/be sick, so i didn't eat beforehand. which totally threw off my whole day for eating. i need to get better at not worrying about being sick and just eat anyways, but for now i'm still really nervous about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment