After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, April 29, 2010

day 10

Breakfast: Ensure Plus (350 cal)
Lunch: parfait made with wegmans vanilla super yogurt, strawberries, banana, and honey bunches of oats (~350c)
Extra: Luna Bar (180c)
Dinner: chicken selects, small fry, medium dr. pepper (~700c)- i was so happy my mom brought this home. i wasn't going to make my calorie count today without it, and dr. pepper is the ONLY thing that works to get rid of my migraines...so, thank you mom!
Snack: Ensure Plus (350c)

Exercise: done! got an AWESOME workout in today. feel really good about it too :)

Total Calorie Count: 1930

Awesome Thing of the Day: breezes! there's no better feeling than driving in the car with the wind in your hair, or sitting outside and, instead of sweating to death, you get a nice breeze and gust of fresh air. (i'm talking like 5mph winds here though lol)

i decided to add the last section, because i'm a very negative and cynical person. it might help to think of at least one thing every day that i'm either glad happened, or that i'm grateful for. i'll still by no means be an optimist, but even on the crappiest days there has to be something to enjoy, and to be glad to be alive for.

No comments:

Post a Comment