After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, April 23, 2010

day 4

Breakfast: Ensure Plus (350c)
Lunch/Dinner: p.f. changs pepper steak with rice bowl- also with peppers, onions and bean sprouts. can of ginger ale, fortune cookies. (all total, about 750 calories maybe. they don't put a calorie count but i tried to add up the different things individually)
Snack: mcdonalds fries- didn't really want them, but i had to eat something to take with motrin. small dr. pepper (500c)
late night snack: Ensure Plus (I totally love these things- 350 c)


Exercise: done! feel like crap today :(

Total Calorie Count: 1950 c

i'm debating whether to try another multivitamin or not. the ensures have TONS of vitamins, and overloading is a waste because it just gets excreted.


“Cowards die many times; brave men die only once.”
- Braveheart, legendary Scot

No comments:

Post a Comment