After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, April 25, 2010

day 6

Breakfast: Ensure Plus (350 cal)
Lunch: salami sandwich, pepperjack cheese, ginger ale (~500c)
Snack: hershey nuggets (300c)
Dinner: pasta, italian dressing, green olives, caffeine free diet coke (i wish we had caffeine free regular, but we don't :(...300c )
Snack: Ensure Plus (350c)

Exercise: done! can't wait for the beach. my goal is to work out straight for the next month. weigh-ins will be once a month.

Total Calorie Count: 1800

I know my diet totally sucks- i don't like eating so much crap. i'd have to eat a quart of strawberries to get the calories in one hershey nugget. that's not physically possible for me until my stomach stretches a bit...so for now, it's a crappy-ish diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment