After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, April 9, 2012

Superpower Day

"If you had a superpower – what would it be? How would you use it?"

My answer to this question is probably just what you'd expect; I'd want to be able to heal. I would use this power not only for myself but for others as well.

It's almost impossible to watch a t.v. show or hear an interview with someone where a person is down on their luck and someone will inevitably say, "at least you/I've got my health".

What about those of us who don't have that luxury? Those of us who have to plan a week ahead for something a normal, healthy individual could do at the drop of a hat- if we can even do it at all?

If I had the power to heal, I wouldn't use it to just heal myself and others of chronic illnesses or disabilities; I would also use it to heal other illnesses like depression, anxiety, and phobias.

Imagine: a person who so badly wants to visit another country but who has a deathly fear of flying finally being able to make one of their dreams come true! Or a person who is allergic to sunlight finally being able to realize their dream of visiting a beach! How wonderful that would be!

No comments:

Post a Comment