After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

This past week was Thanksgiving- one of my favorite holidays purely because the food is unbelievably good. How can you go wrong with turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans and cranberry sauce? Not to mention the pumpkin pie to cap it all off!

Unfortunately, I caught a bug or something (maybe complications of my meds?) and was sick most of the week. I had/ still have pain in my lower stomach. I haven't gotten sick (upper or lower) but it hurts like mad. I hope it's not like...an ovarian cyst; which I've had before.

Thanksgiving dinner was the first real food I was able to eat. I thought maybe I wasn't drinking enough fluids to work with my meds, but I've upped it a lot and am still in pain.

I'm not sure if it was just foods I wasn't used to eating, or what. So I'm cutting out anything remotely new, and going back to what I've been eating (pre-holiday foods) and we'll see if that helps!

I go back for my check-up soon, so it'll be something I have to discuss with my doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment