After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

day 9

Well it's been just over a week. Generally, I think I like what this medicine is doing- at least I can get out of bed without having a heart attack, and wash my hair without my arms going numb, and use the bathroom without passing out (I know, TMI, but it's important to keep track of lol)

I'm still not feeling great exactly, but I am able to get out of the house for a couple of hours so that's definitely an improvement. I think after this week, I might try starting to exercise a little every day.

I'm starting to definitely suspect I'm becoming lactose-intolerant. Anytime I eat or drink anything milk-related it just sits like a rock and my stomach is constantly upset. It's weird because I drank TONS of milk when I was younger and now I can't tolerate it at all- which suck because I love it...and cream cheese, sour cream, shredded cheese...bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment