After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

day 2

Liquids: about 6 cups. Not bad.

Diet: half onion bagel with cream cheese, steak, pretzels, half hamburger, potato pancakes, leftover halloween candy

Florinef: taken

How I feel...

Pros: This morning, I felt AWESOME. Much better than I have in over a year. I went out to vote, and walked in the cold and didn't have any palpitations! I speed walked, and didn't get short of breath or have my arrhythmia. I washed my hair without my arms going numb!

Cons: Towards the middle of the day, I started to have bad indigestion again- I hope that goes away. I also got very run down, and after eating dinner had a very upset stomach and a headache all night. They say most side effects wear off after a week, so I'm hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment