After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

day 1

Diet:

Liquids: 7-8 cups. About half a gallon, almost 2 Liters which is what I'm supposed to be drinking so that's good.

Food: Pancakes, potato with sour cream/cheese/bacon bits, steak (made even more delicious because I won it in a bet), popcorn, various snacks.


Florinef: taken- first day!

Negative Side Effects:
- I could tell when my body absorbed it- it gave me a weird rush, almost like having a CT scan done (if you've never had one, I can't explain it)- almost like getting a saline drip where you can feel it run through your body in a cold wave.
- sharp pain in my shoulder, I don't know if this was from an injury, or not as aches and pain are a side effect
- headache...mostly in one spot, made me a little nervous but I didn't want to overwhelm my body by taking motrin too
- indigestion, pretty bad actually
- chills

Positive Side Effects:
- no intense heart pounding when I stand up
- increased appetite? (maybe, it's hard to tell- I have a couple of hungry days now and then, so it might not have anything to do with this)
- no intense vomiting feeling immediately following eating

Overall Opinion: Pending. I like not having my heart pound constantly, but I am verrrry achey and the indigestion is pretty rough so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment