After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, November 8, 2010

Day 7

Not a bad day. Chest is still pounding, but the headaches have subsided. Hopefully the upset stomach will go away.

I'm starting to get discouraged because I'm no longer feeling as great as the first half day. I know that you can't feel awesome all the time, but after almost two eyars of feeling like hell- I was hoping for more than two pretty good" days.

Maybe the dosage still isn't right.

2 comments:

  1. Well it sounds like a pretty good start to me. Is this the first thing that has even come close to working?? Keep your mind on the positives! It's also possible that your body just isn't used to so much activity. So combine new medication with a little change in lifestyle, it'll throw you off for a while. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is the first thing that's come close to working- and there are some positives. When I was talking about my heart pounding- it was actually during inactivity...shouldn't be having a heart attack laying in bed lol

    ReplyDelete