After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Sunday, May 23, 2010

day 34

Breakfast: 210c
Snack: 170+200= 370c
Dinner: hamburger and fries with gingerale- two glasses. 250+200+400=850
Extra: nutella bread 400c.

Total Calorie Count: 1830

Awesome Thing of the Day: nice day in buffalo

somehow even though the nutritionist told me i needed 1700 calories per day to gain a pound a week, over the last month-ish i've lost 3 pounds. i'm very pissed off and upset and really don't want to do any of this anymore.

2 comments:

  1. try not to get to discouraged! it's looks like you've been doing really well the past week or so, keep it up and hopefully you'll start to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks becky...it's just tough to not get frustrated when your clothes don't fit anymore and you look like you haven't eaten in a year. i've never worked harder at something related to my health...and it's not improving :(

    ReplyDelete