After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

day 23

Breakfast: Ensure Plus (350c)
Snack: Nutella on bread (~300c)
Lunch: baked potato- cheddar cheese, bacon bits, sour cream, butter. plus mushrooms (~550c)
Snack: Nutella on bread (~300c) yes, i have an addiction.
Dinner: skipped. all my calories over the last few days caught up with me
Extra: Ensure Plus (350c) two mini cupcakes.

Total Calorie Count: 2000

Awesome Thing of the Day: cupcakes.

i'm running out of motivation. gaining weight is hard and sucks and i'm so tired of having to force myself to eat. i just want to eat when i want to, and what i want to. i've been stagnant for two months at 94-95 pounds even though i'm eating more. it's frustrating. my mom says it's good that i'm at least staying stable, but i'm tired of trying so hard. and i'm tired of being frustrated that when i have a bad day, it can undo two weeks worth of work.

2 comments:

  1. try not to get too frustrated, you've been ding really well lately! especially with your head hurting as much as it has!! I know changing weight, whether up or down is really difficult, just try to stick with it and it'll be worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. just getting really tired of trying-it's the same as a person going on a diet lol i've done it hardcore for almost 6 months and i'm over it

    ReplyDelete