After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

day 30! - weigh in day

Breakfast: Nutella Bread (~400c)
Lunch: rest of pod with garlic bread, olive oil, green olives, pepperoni, cheese...with limeade (~500c)
Snack: homemade chex mix (~200c worth)
Dinner: wanchai ferry spicy garlic chicken with peppers, broccoli, carrots, and water chestnuts, with rice. plus dr. pepper (810c)
Extra: small serving of homemade egg-free tiramisu (~200c)

Total Calorie Count: 2110. awesome. i feel a little sick from the dinner, so we'll see

Awesome Thing of the Day: the wanchai ferry was actually really delicious, and very good for you. hopefully it doesn't end up making me sick later because i would like to have it again.

Today is the one month mark of keeping up with my diet and working on it, so i'm going to weigh in later today and hopefully it's done some good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I am going through the same thing and just wanted to say congrats on the effort! My advice to you would be to eat a lot of carbs and a lot of protein, and also add a little exercise, no cardio though. Feel free to follow my blog! It's nice to know there are other people like me out there!

    http://tigerlily-bestrongfeelstrong.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi tigerlily- thank you very much and same to you! i'm glad i'm not the only one out there also- thank you for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete