After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, May 17, 2010

day 28

Brunch: Almond pocket pastry- so yummy!- (~700c at least)
Snack: new lays potato chips (170c)
Dinner: steak kabobs with onions, green peppers and grilled potatoes, glass of dr. pepper (~800c) (dessert: hershey with almond bar-210c)
Extra: roll of sweetarts candy (120c)...later some popcorn (~20c worth.)

Total Calorie Count: 2020. kicked ass today.

Awesome Thing of the Day: spending 12+ hours with zack...a first in a reallllllly long time.

it's going to be tough the next week or two, i'm cutting out the ensure to see if my face clears up at all. so now i'll have 700c per day i have to make up for.

working out is also on hold for a while because i'm just not gaining the weight like i should be- i know i have a couple of days where i didn't make my calorie count, but on average i do and am still not making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment