After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, October 3, 2011

Maybe I should move.

This last week has been very POTSy. It's been raining on and off all week, and non-stop for the last 3.5 days. I woke up this morning, and I could barely get out of bed. When I stood up, my heart went nuts. I'm shaking and my head is foggy. My hands and feet are constantly numb. (Yes, it's cold outside but in my house it's around 70 degrees- definitely not cold.)

I've wondered before if I should be living somewhere else with more consistent weather; seeing as Fall and Spring are the hardest. (Too many temperature/weather fluctuations.) I'm starting to think it might be what's best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment