After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, September 23, 2011

Today I almost quit.

I got up, took my meds, and felt so awful by the time I rolled into work an hour later that I debated just turning around and going home. I felt way too guilty to do that (because I was already there), so I decided to stick it out.

Halfway through my shift, I started to have a full-out POTS attack. Dizzy, nauseous, sweating, shaking, aches, arrhythmia, head pounding, short of breath, heart pounding, etc... I almost started bawling right in the middle of the store.

I took my break, tried to relax and put my feet up; and forced myself to finish the day. It's the worst I've felt since I started work.

I'm home now, and I took a shower- so I'm taking the rest of the day to rest up for tomorrow; when I work again.

If I didn't need the money so badly, I would have quit today. It was that bad. I was worried I would need an ambulance.

No comments:

Post a Comment