After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, September 16, 2011

Pushing too hard.

Last night, my work called to see if I could work again this morning. I (foolishly) said yes. I knew I was feeling awful from my 8-hour week, so adding four more hours would be rough.

Halfway through work this morning, I started to feel sick and my arrhythmia was starting up and getting progressively worse as the day went on. Yes, it was only a four hour shift, but you couldn't convince my body that four hours is "no big deal".

I could feel the blood draining out of my face, my arms were tingling and my hands kept going numb. I broke out into a sweat and my head started getting fuzzy, while my body felt 'light headed'. (It started to tingle all over like it had fallen asleep.)

I had to send out birthday presents for my dad in the mail, and hit the bank (hurray, I got paid! My first paycheck.) so I ran those two errands, then I went home, took a shower and crashed.

My boss today asked if I could work again tomorrow, I'm glad I said that I couldn't. I feel like hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment