After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, October 27, 2011

downturn

My downslide continues. I'm becoming more and more disheartened by it. I wish I knew whether it was the weather or the meds failing. Last night, I was too sick to take my meds when I normally do and when I was able to take them (two hours later) I needed help standing to get and take them. I wanted to scream, or cry, in frustration.

Today, I'm all the way back to where I was. Nauseous, black spots, trembles, arrhythmia, migraine/headache, aches, chest pains, tightness in my chest, unable to breathe, inability to stand (at least on he first try or two), blood pooling in my legs, etc...

I'm really struggling.

No comments:

Post a Comment