After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Struggling lately.

For a while, I was doing fairly well. I was walking a few times a week, I was running errands pretty frequently and I started a part time job. Yes, I was only working eight-ish hours a week, but those eight hours were a huge step for me. It was still a long way from what I want my life to be like, and hope it will be like someday, but I was definitely starting to feel useful again.

Lately, things just seem to have taken a large step backward. I only worked for four hours this week, and I'm so overrun with symptoms that I can barely stand. I'm constantly exhausted and run down. My vision is wonky, my arrhythmia is back, and I feel like I'm constantly trembling from the exertion of just standing or walking around. Yesterday, I started to see spots again just standing in the shower- something that hasn't happened in quite a while. I don't know if it's the weather fluctuations or something else, but it's upsetting.

Needless to say, I'm very discouraged. I'm so tired of struggling on a day-to-day basis. Some days are better than others, but it's still a constant battle of wills between what I want to do and what my body will allow me to do; sometimes coming to the point of crying from frustration. I'm trying very hard to keep my head up and plow ahead, but some days it just seems impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment