After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, March 11, 2011

time to get away

The doctors say there's nothing they can do for me at the moment and I just have to wait it out. He refuses to send me for bloodwork even though the FDA has warnings on my medication that it has to be constantly monitored.

I think it's time to find a new doctor.

In the meantime, my boyfriend and I are going to Florida to take care of my grandma and help her finish the plans for my grandpa's funeral

No comments:

Post a Comment