After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

ugh.

I'm wondering if trying to gain weight would go a lot better if I didn't live at home.

My mom and I haven't always had a great relationship, but now that she's going through menopause? Forget it. I'm fending off mood swings a hundred times a day.

On top of that, she feels like she knows everything because when she was my age she got sick once too. So she feels the need to dole out advice and shove food down my throat (or harp on me about it) constantly. If I say something she doesn't agree with, it's "you need to go to therapy." -or- she gives me the silent treatment and slams everything. (we're talking stupid things...like, I say I don't like a show she does).

Clearly I need therapy for that *rolls eyes*

She's constantly cutting me down when she's not throwing a temper tantrum and it makes me feel like hell about myself so I stop eating. Which, of course, only makes her harp on me more.

Hell, I can't wait to get out of my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment