After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, June 10, 2010

47 ish

it's been an off week or so, but i'm going to keep going with this. it pushes me to try harder to eat, even though it's not working. new meds are affecting my stomach so when i'm hungry, i try to eat...but when i'm not i just can't. it makes me so queasy that i actually dream at night about vomiting.


breakfast: 2 slices rye toast, margarine, hawaiian delight baby food (166+ 200+ 120=486c)
snack: gingerale (~120c) pepper jack cheese slice (80c), apple sauce (80c) = 280c
dinner: large baked potato, facon bits, cheddar cheese, sour cream, margarine, salt (772c) plus large glass dr. pepper (180c)= 952c
snack: ensure plus (350c)

total: 2068

No comments:

Post a Comment