After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Friday, June 4, 2010

day 44

Brunch: Ensure Plus (350c)
Lunch: rotisserie chicken sandwich plus hersheys with almond bar and gingerale (510c)
Dinner: steak kabobs with peppers, onions and grilled potatoes with butter. chocolate star wars cookies for dessert ( ~500c)
Extra: strawberries with sour cream and brown sugar (~300c)

Total Calorie Count: 1660. low, but i've had a stomach ache for the last 4 days. i wanted to make sure i could eat my dinner.

Awesome Thing of the Day: i guess that it's my birthday? not really awesome to me- i'm not a 'birthday's person. but, zack and i went to the nature trail so it was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment