After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Thursday, May 3, 2012

You Rock!

I read a post by a fellow blogger today that I felt really needed to be shared with those who come across this blog.

The post is about all of the ways that people with dysautonomia rock just for doing what they do every day. It helped pep me up a bit, and definitely think it's worth mentioning in case someone else out there could use it too. (It will work for anyone with any kind of illness I think, especially dysautonomia but also CFS/ME and others.)

Living with Bob (Dysautonomia): You Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment