After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, February 14, 2011

mmm recovery

I'm just over a week into my recovery, and (thankfully) I'm feeling a bit better.

When I first got home, I was horribly nauseous for the first three or four days. I couldn't eat. I ate pureed baby food and saltines and dropped a ton of weight. I was taking at least 16 pain pills a day

(don't be concerned, my doctor said I could take 4 motrin every 6 hours = 16 pills...I wasn't overdosing myself)

Then, finally the pain broke. I'm still incredibly sore and uncomfortable, but I can breathe.

A section of my abdomen is pretty swollen and some blood blisters have popped up, but tomorrow's my follow up so we'll see.

Hopefully, I'll get a better idea of what kind of recovery time I'm looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment