After being sick for so long, I finally have a name for my illness: Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome, otherwise known as P.O.T.S.

A cardiac condition that's stripped me of my health, weight (causing me to drop to anorexic weight), self confidence, friends, jobs and continuing my education.

My goals are simple: gain weight, be healthier, and get out more. Basically, get my life back!

I'm also hoping to spread some awareness on this little known condition, and to highlight the struggles of the underweight and people with "invisible illnesses."

Monday, July 12, 2010

day 77

brunch: ensure plus and trix (460c)
snack: peppermint patty (150c)
lunch: stir fry (see previous) plus chips and 3 glasses of lemonade (~400+150+180= ~730c)
dinner:grilled corn and lemon pepper grilled chicken with two slices of bread with butter and ginger ale (906c)
snack: two slices nutella (light on it tonight though) (~500c)

total: 2746. what a fatty. thank heaven for butter...which is crazy high in calories and low volume between the bitter on my corn/cooking the chicken/bread and butter it was probably an easy 400c

3 comments:

  1. Looks like you're doing pretty well, Erika! Has having an answer to your health problems been helping?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Not really, to be honest. Although, the one important tip they gave me (to help me until I can get into a dietician) was to eat high protein and low carb- not the greatest for gaining weight- but it's way easier on digestion.

    With POTS, digestion's an issue because it drains all the blood from my body and sends it to my stomach to help with digestion- straining my heart and me extremities. Higher carbs= more help with digestion= worse symptoms. So with eating more protein and cutting down on white carbs that's helped a bit.

    The heat is a NIGHTMARE though, and I can't wait until that cuts out a bit because when it's hot, I have realllllly bad symptoms (most nights going to bed without dinner with extreme nausea)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for asking :) hopefully, once I can get into a dietician things will start to pick up!

    ReplyDelete